200HR TRADITONAL HATHA
YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
WITH OCTAVIO SALVADO & THE PRACTICE TEACHERS
NOVEMBER 19th, 2021 - MARCH 6th, 2022
SPACES ARE LIMITED
IN A WORLD WHERE OUR FREEDOMS ARE BEING STOLEN FROM US,
THE ONLY ANSWER IS TO TURN INWARDS,
RESOURCE OUR GOD-GIVEN TRUE POWER
AND THE FREEDOM THAT NO ONE CAN EVER TAKE AWAY.
THERE IS NO OTHER ALTERNATIVE.
AND IT MUST BE NOW.!
Our world-famous, full-spectrum, lineage-based training RETURNS to the online world!!! Round 1 was absolutely epic (I can’t believe we didn’t hit the Go-button on these earlier!!). Its time for the sequel, Yogis! It’s NEVER been so imperative that we take charge of our inner world than it is right now.
This ONLINE 108 Day study intensive and mentorship program WILL provide you with the exact methodology and mindset to do exactly that – reclaim your power, master your inner world, and provide you with the tools and means to hold yourself steady and aligned to the virtuous light within you during these times of global instability.
This is the perfect opportunity for genuine seekers, students and teachers looking to evolve their understanding and practice of Traditional Hatha Yoga.
This revolutionary new program will not only connect you into the heart of the ancient Yoga tradition, but also to a strong, like-minded community of diehard practitioners and teachers just like you, committed to keeping the authentic flame of true Yoga and real Tantra burning brightly in these modern times.
When we run a program here at The Practice, whether online, or in-person, we go all the way and hold nothing back. No frills, no fluff, nothing but the true powerhouse, life-changing, authentic teachings handed down from teacher to student in an unbroken line of oral transmission dating back thousands of years. The only difference, is that now life is inviting us to cast the net even wider, beyond our lovely, little island home of Bali and we would LOVE for you to be apart of this timely expansion.
We are not interested in furthering the confusion that is MODERN YOGA, which as you can clearly see, goes nowhere and does nothing. The system was ALWAYS perfect, because it was intuited straight from the Source, so it never needed innovating. This program is your gateway back to the heart and Soul of Yoga. Yoga deserves that.
The only question is whether you are ready to be that fearless ambassador for the Tradition and change the way that you, your students and all future generations of practitioners experience this extraordinary spiritual science.
This is not a muscles and bones, ‘step your left leg to the front of the mat’ type of experience. We will honor the body and the amazing temple that it is, however our sights are set far beyond the narrow scope of Asana. UNION WITH THE SELF is the target. Because THIS IS YOGA.
I am certain that this extended ONLINE format spanning 108 Days is going to provide the perfect environment for a truly deep and authentic Yoga experience - More time to study, more time to practice, more time to connect, more time to integrate this vast ocean of ancient wisdom and knowledge and make it your own.
The mission: Transform the inner world. Transform the outer world. Transform the Yoga world. Done.
- 100% of the content covered in this training has been passed down through the ancient practice of Parampara (from teacher to student). We are not innovators. We simply have a single-pointed burning desire to deliver the teachings of the sages as they were intended; undiluted.
- 100% of the content of this training has been fully integrated by the teachers delivering it, through intensive self-practice over years and sometimes decades of commitment to this path. If we haven’t embodied it, then we won’t teach it. This is our commitment to you, to the tradition and to ourselves.
TANTRA: THE SCIENCE OF SELF-EMPOWERMENT
- Learn the truth about what Tantra is and what it isn’t.
- Discover how to use its powerful and precise methods to strengthen and heal and empower all aspects of your life and amplify the potency of your practice.
- We will extensively cover how to practice and teach key Tantric methods including ASANA, PRANAYAMA, BANDHA, MUDRA and KUNDALINI KRIYA MEDITATION. Nevertheless, it’s what you do with these practices after the training that will make or break you as a practitioner and a teacher.
- Collectively, these powerful methods are a way of shaping body, energy and mind with the dual-goals of mastering your human life and accessing the deep states of MEDITATION that exist beyond it.
YOGA: THE CULTIVATION OF SELF-KNOWLEDGE
- Meditation is at the core of the entire practice of Yoga. Here you will learn not only the skills to practice and teach it, but how to LOVE it. This is the real key to meditative success and ultimately, success in Yoga.
- Using the Yoga Sutra of Patanjali as the context, learn time-tested methods for calming reactivity, cultivating single pointedness of mind, increasing memory power, strengthening the connection to your inner teacher, and ultimately accessing that part of your being that rests eternally beyond the mind.
MANTRA: THE HEART OF THE TRADITION
- Learn how to apply Mantra within the scope of Asana practice, devotional practice (Bhakti) and most importantly, Mantra Japa Meditation practice.
- Discover the secret connection between Sanskrit and the subtle body and how to use it to access states of higher consciousness.
- Mantra is considered the supreme object of mediation from the perspective of Tantra, Yoga, Buddhism and many more traditions. There is an exact science to Mantra. It is MUCH more than just a tool to focus the mind. Learn how to practice it as the sages have done since time immemorial. Without Mantra, there is no Yoga.
VINYASA KRAMA: ADVANCED SEQUENCING
- Learn the science of sequencing; how to sequence powerful, integrated and safe classes for yourself and a wide array of students based on an intimate understanding of the energetic impact of Asana as well as the bio-mechanical component of Asana.
- Learn how to work with the six key pose categories of Hatha Yoga (Forward folds, Twists, Laterals, Backbends, Spinal Extensions and Inversions) to precisely impact the Prana Vayus, Doshas, Gunas, Nadis, the nervous system and ultimately the mind.
- Discover the relationship between pose, prana and kundalini.
- Using posture clinics and pose breakdown sessions you will learn correct alignment and modifications, plus preparation and countering strategies for all major asanas from the Hatha Yoga tradition.
- This module includes teaching strategies for specialized needs such as anxiety, depression, adrenal fatigue, low motivation, and the gift of pregnancy.
- Develop professional skills to give simple yet very effective verbal alignment cues, plus learn hands on and vocal adjustments techniques and vocal/language tools for maximizing your efficiency and potency as a teacher.
AYURVEDA: THE SCIENCE OF LIFE
- Study the key principles of Ayurveda within the context of both life and practice and learn how to take full responsibility for your own life based on the informed choices you make.
YANTRA YOGA: THE SCIENCE OF THE CHAKRAS
- Study the ancient map of the Chakras and learn how they relate to Sadhana (Practice) and Dharma (Spiritual purpose in life).
- Study the relationship between Yantra (Geometry) and Mantra (Vibration) within the context of contemplation and Meditation.
PHILOSOPHY: STUDYING SACRED TEXTS
- To truly understand any Yogic text, we need four things: The correct translation of the text, the key commentary of the text, an unbroken lineage that holds the secret teachings hidden within the text and finally, a committed daily self-practice. Here you will find all four.
- Throughout this course we will cover and practice the teachings from the Yoga Sutra, the Bhagavad Gita, the Upanishads and other key Tantric scriptures.
TANTRIC ANATOMY: MEETING GROUND OF THE HUMAN AND THE DIVINE
- Study the key areas of the physical body that act as gateways to higher spiritual experiences, including the navel, the spine and the brain. Study the as a sacred alter and the perfect vehicle for reaching the heights of human potential.
ETHICS: HOLDING THE SEAT OF THE TEACHER
- Learn what it truly means to hold the position of the teacher.
- Learn the importance of self-accountability, unshakeable boundaries, humility and discipline as it relates to teaching.
- Challenge yourself to be the perfect student, because that is how you become the greatest teacher and the highest version of yourself.
MORE THAN JUST A YOGA TEACHER TRAINING COURSE
This is a practice and life mentorship program to help you step into your GREATNESS on every level.
WHAT PREVIOUS STUDENTS ARE SAYING
"If I had to sum up the whole training in 3 words, they would be: transformative - inspiring - connective. I feel the online format comes with lots of benefits, first and foremost that one has the opportunity and time to go super deep into the teaching & practices + integrate all of that into everyday/work/family life immediately + has life-long access to all the lectures & practices. I’m not gonna lie, it’s full on! And the effort is so worth it. The best thing: there are no taboos when it comes to questions, you can ask anything and will most likely get a mind-blowing answer or at least an honest one. Octavio and the whole The Practice team are an ocean of wisdom & experience in the field of traditional Hatha Yoga. I am forever grateful and highly recommend taking advantage of this authentic training, if you’re truly interested in the science of Yoga."
Zoey Ritz, Germany
"I had a calling to dive deeper into my practice and make sense of the teachings, postures and philosophies of Raja Yoga. I knew there was more to Yoga than Asana, but after hours of searching online I assumed a yoga teacher training like the one I was searching for didn't exist, and that I would need to visit an Ashram or spend months traveling to learn what I desired in person. With divine timing, The Practice Bali was mentioned to me by a previous student and I stopped in my tracks and applied immediately. The Practice's commitment to traditional Hatha Yoga teachings is astonishing. Octavio's subject knowledge is truly outstanding, always finding time to answer questions and support our understanding of the topics at hand. I never imagined it would be possible to dive this deep into the depths of Hatha Yoga, Kundalini Yoga and Mantra Yoga, learning about their history and philosophy whilst all online. The online community we have created from yogi's all over the world is incredibly special and something I never dreamt was possible and I truly believe I have made friends for life. I feel so incredibly blessed to have had the opportunity to study Sanskrit, Tantra, Meditation, Yandra, the Banha's, Mudra, Mantra - the list is extensive. I owe so much of my personal and spiritual growth to The Practice as it has truly changed my life forever."
Melise Djemal, UK
"Wow... I feel so empowered after this training. It's so potent and a wild ride. The teachings are like white magic skills to master your life and I'm so excited to share these teachings they are the real deal. Octavio is a brilliant teacher who delivers the content with a wealth of knowledge under his belt and great sense of humour on his side. The course is so well set out and super easy to watch, listen and PRACTICE! Thank you for the gift of this 200 hour training, I'll definitely be committing to the 300 hour in the future!"
Joulz Eagles. Australia
"The Practice 200 HR Training is by far the most comprehensive, professionally delivered and lineage-based Yoga training I have undertaken. Octavio and The Practice team are extremely dedicated Yoga practitioners and teachers, committed to ensuring the Tradition of Hatha Yoga continues to burn brightly. This is much more than an asana training, so be prepared to delve beyond the world of Yoga poses into an in-depth exploration of body, energy, mind and beyond. That said, my ability to practice, sequence and teach asana has expanded exponentially, as has my relationship with breath and meditation. The training has also left me with a far greater understanding of how my mind works and my life purpose. I couldn’t recommend this training highly enough to anyone wanting to explore Yoga as a system of self-expansion and realisation."
Greg Heath, Australia
"Make self-practice the axial core of your life.” one of Octavio’s quotes that stuck with me. This training gave me the tools to teach, the philosophical background for why we “do” yoga, and it nudged me to establish myself firmer in practice. Make it my axial core. Spreading this YTT out over several months was perfect: time to soak it all up and integrate. I can only recommend doing it this way. Same with doing it online: virtual connection wasn’t a barrier, but felt deep and personal right from the start, with the live lectures on Zoom being the highlight of every training weekend. Plenty of room for questions and discussions. Super grateful for the community with so many people that inspire me, that “get me” and help me grow. And the deepest gratitude for Octavio – I’m in awe of how he burns brightly with endless passion, power and wisdom. This is real yoga and the best YTT (I rarely use superlatives!)."
Kathrin Hecht, Germany
"The information in this course is so extensive and so informative that I truly believe no other YTT training will match it. The knowledge of Octavio and the whole team is just mind-blowing. Their care, their presence and their kindness is ever present. It really is so much more than just a YTT. This is a chance to delve deep into the tradition and to truly get to know yourself through these teachings and at the same time be guided and mentored by the best teachers out there. My heart is filled with so much gratitude to have embarked on this beautiful journey with the Practice and I cannot wait to implement everything that I have learnt and see where it will take me. Thank you so much!!!"
"Warning: if you sign up for this training you will probably end up as a really good yoga teacher! I never thought that an „online“ yoga teacher training would be so intense and vivid. Octavio and The Practice team share their deep wisdom with so much enthusiasm and carefulness. The online classes are amazing, the lectures are full of time-tested traditional knowledge from their lineage. You have unlimited access to all content, so you can work with it as much and as long as you need. All lectures are live and there is always time for questions. Every student is supervised with 100% attention, and you can grow and learn in a community with your fellow students in the zoom meetings and Q&As. I’ve learned so much and this training profoundly changed my practice at all levels - I‘m infinitely grateful for that."
Yvonne Ruprech, Germany
"The Practice program is truly no fluff... nothing but the true, led by passionate teachers living the practice. I experienced from day one the benefits of real practice. It will shake you, it will bless you and it will transform you! This online Traditional Hatha Yoga training gave me the opportunity to integrate the practices to my everyday life... The knowledge and tools you obtain are precise - they allowed me to tap, discover and embrace the power within me! Allow yourself to embark on a lifetime journey... I'm so happy I took this training and can't wait to continue studying with The Practice."
Adriana Bermeo Stave, Ecuador
IN THIS 200Hr YOU CAN EXPECT
- Powerful lineage-based teachings and traditional practices not found elsewhere.
- A dedicated and highly qualified international yoga teaching team with a passion for the practice and years of professional full-time teaching experience.
- A formal application process to ensure you spend your 108 Days with like-minded yogis who share your commitment and enthusiasm.
- Individual check-in sessions with Octavio throughout your journey.
- Lifetime access to all course content.
Online Program schedule:
All LECTURES will be run in real-time via ZOOM. Each session will be available for download approximately 4 hours after the class has finished. There is a requirement for all students to attend a minimum of 50% of the sessions LIVE
For all sessions not attended live, a short summary review of the class is required in dot-point form (3-5 dot-points). These summaries are to be handed in collectively at the completion of the training and will contribute towards CERTIFICATION.
All PRACTICES will be pre-recorded to ensure an undisrupted experience. Bali internet connection is sometimes ‘temperamental’, so after careful consideration we decided that this is the safest, most effective way to share the practices. Each practice will be broken down and discussed LIVE post-practice.
SCHEDULE – All times listed are in reference to BALI time.
NOV 19 Friday 5.30pm – 8.00pm
Weekend Sessions – 15 hours per weekend
The training will run every fortnight over 8 WEEKENDS. Here are the dates
OPENING CIRCLE AND WEEK 1: NOV 19 – 2
WEEK 2: DEC 3 – 5
WEEK 3: DEC 17 – 19
WEEK 4: DEC 31 – JAN 2
WEEK 5: JAN 14 – 1
WEEK 6: JAN 28 – 30
WEEK 7: FEB 11 – 13
WEEK 8: FEB 25 – 27
During this last fortnight there will be FINAL TEACHING PRACTICUMS AND KNOWLEDGE ASSESSMENT EXAM. There will also be a catch up Live Q&A session (times to be established).
CLOSING CIRCLE: MAR 6
EVERY Wednesday evening there will also be a 2 hour lecture (6pm – 8pm, Bali time).
Each weekend will include 15 hours of study and practice, including live and pre-recorded content.
Friday: 4pm – 8pm (Bali time)
Saturday: 11am – 2.30pm and 4pm – 730pm (Bali time)
Sunday: 11am – 3pm (Bali time)
It is fine if you cannot attend all sessions. We simply ask that you attend as many as possible.
There will also be practices and assignments to complete during the fortnight and we will stay connected and keep the conversations flowing on our group MeWe page throughout the training
Based on the online YTTs we have run or a currently running, we feel very confident in this model. There is an intensity to it, but its also spacious and perhaps even more ‘enjoyable’ than the 1 month in-person trainings which are definitely intense… yet not very spacious!
Personally, I’ve really LOVED doing the trainings in this format. I didn’t know if I would, but seeing how the students are responding to the teachings and integrating the knowledge more thoroughly than in the 1 month programs, I’m totally convinced that this is a great way to share the program and it is something I will keep doing regardless of whether Bali opens again or not.
ONLINE CONSIDERATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Students will be required to download Zoom and ensure (pre-training) that they are confident in using Zoom.
- The Practice Team will provide students with all relevant links and instructions for joining the Zoom sessions.
To qualify to be a fully registered, The Practice certified teacher - which will get you employed anywhere in the world ;) – the following requirements must be fulfilled:
- Minimum ‘live’ attendance of 50% of sessions
- Completion of non-attended, dot-point class summaries.
- Satisfactory completion of Knowledge Assessment Exam based on course content. Must be submitted before September 20.
- Satisfactory completion of live teaching practicum assessment (Assessment details to be discussed).
Students who complete all requirements will be eligible to register with Yoga Alliance at the 200hr RYT level (Registered Yoga Teacher), if they so desire.
Beyond all talk of certificates and registration, it is our firm conviction that by completing this training in its entirety, and if you put in the hard work, you will have more knowledge, experience and teaching capacity than 90% of the Yoga teachers worldwide – even the ‘famous’ ones.
YOUR OWN HARD EARNED EFFORTS IN STUDY AND PRACTICE ARE THE ONLY
‘CREDENTIALS’ THAT MATTER. THEY ALONE WILL BE THE CATALYST
FOR YOUR SUCCESS IN THE YOGA WORLD.
THIS IS YOGIC LAW.