108 DAY ONLINE 200HR TRADITIONAL HATHA YOGA AND MEDITATION TEACHER TRAINING AND MENTORSHIP PROGRAM
With Octavio Salvado & The Practice Squad
(includes 1 on 1 mentoring sessions with Octavio)
March 17th – July 2nd 2023
$2799 USD Early Bird (available until January 17th)
LIMITED SPACES. APPLY NOW.
OLD SCHOOL YOGA IS BETTER.
BECAUSE IT WORKS.
NO FRILLS. NO FUSS.
JUST UNFLINCHING DEDICATION TO SHARING THE SUBLIME TEACHINGS OF TRADITIONAL HATHA YOGA.
If you want to achieve Self-excellence, then mastering your mind and energy is NON-NEGOTIABLE. This is what genuine TRADITIONAL Hatha Yoga practice provides.
This training is not only for those who want to teach, its for all those who want to stand up and use their energy, their will, their passion and their voice to do great things in the world.
Traditional Hatha Yoga is the original science of SELF-EXCELLENCE, SOUL REMEMBRANCE and FEARLESS LIVING.
It is an efficient, safe and time-tested method for discovering the truth about who we are, WHAT we are and what we came here to do.
“The Practice’s teacher training is by far the most superior of all the trainings I've taken. The Practice team teaches with such knowledge, insight and devotion that it’s quite unbelievable. By far the best training I’ve done. After several trainings for the first time the whole science of Yoga landed.”
“If you want to master your practice, become a dynamic force of nature in the world and receive the tools to become an extraordinary Yoga and Meditation teacher, from the depths of my heart, I recommend this training.”
Here’s the deal: If you are on this Earth right now, at this critical juncture in human history, with a genuine hunger for personal and spiritual growth, then it is CERTAIN you have come here on a mission.
Our world today, unfortunately, does not promote, or support Self-excellence, Soul remembrance and fearless living. In fact, quite the opposite. It glorifies self-indulgence and thrives on us NOT knowing who we truly are. When we don’t know ourselves, we are much easier to control, manipulate and oppress.
The ancient Sages and Yogis were right in their assessment of what life would be like for people in our time. They also stated that unlike in other eras of human history, in OUR time, there will be no Avatar, or Savior coming to rescue us.
Krishna is not coming. Christ is not coming.
We will have to save ourselves. THIS is precisely why the Sages went to such extraordinary lengths to orally transmit and pass down the sublime teachings of Yoga.
Practice is how we orchestrate our own salvation. There is no other way and furthermore, only unflinching dedication to CORRECT practice, TRADITIONAL practice will suffice.
Here is the reality:
Most modern Yoga styles are not in service of our highest good, because they do not address the full spectrum of who and what we are.
Practices that only target the physical body are limited in their potency, as it relates to burning through our limitations and programs and empowering us to achieve Self-excellence in our own Soul-aligned way.
True practice is not an easy path. It takes major commitment, showing up DAILY and doing the work in a progressive, often gritty kind of a way. However, here’s the thing - if we put in the time, energy and effort THE RESULTS ARE GUARANTEED. Because this is a SCIENCE and therefore, repeatable and dependable.
IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A ‘STRETCHING’ OR ‘ANATOMY’ TRAINING, PLEASE LOOK ELSEWHERE. WE WANT THE WHOLEHEARTED, HARDCORE ONES, WHO ARE WILLING TO DO THE WORK AND LIKEWISE HONOUR THIS GREAT TRADITION IN THE WAY IT DESERVES.
SOUND LIKE YOU?
If it does, then this training, which comprises ONLY pure, lineage-based teachings and practices straight from the source of Traditional Hatha Yoga, is DEFINITELY for you.
Our world-renowned and internationally celebrated 108 Day ONLINE teacher training and mentorship program will provide you with the exact methodology, motivation and mindset to reclaim your power and master your inner world PLUS give you the tools to thrive in the outer world.
This revolutionary program will not only connect you to the heart of the ancient Yoga tradition, but also to a stable, strong and like-minded community of dedicated practitioners and teachers who are committed to living in integrity with the true teachings of Yoga and keeping the authentic flame of practice burning brightly.
NOW THESE TEACHINGS HAVE COME TO YOU.
Our extended ONLINE training format spanning 108 Days, provides the perfect environment for a truly deep and authentic Yoga experience - More time to study, more time to practice, more time to connect, more time to integrate this vast ocean of ancient wisdom and knowledge and make it your own.
We have been running our Online Teacher Training back to back for the last 3 years, since the lockdowns began. Even though travel is now opening up again, having witnessed the impact of running these programs online, we’re sticking with this format. This is a powerful and very effective way to deliver these teachings and a superior way for students to embody them.
- 100% of the content covered in this training has been passed down through the ancient practice of Parampara (from teacher to student). We are not innovators. We simply have a single-pointed burning desire to deliver the teachings of the sages as they were intended: undiluted.
- 100% of the content of this training has been fully integrated by the teachers delivering it, through intensive self-practice over years and decades of commitment to this path. If we haven’t embodied it, then we won’t teach it. This is our commitment to you, to the tradition and to ourselves.
TANTRA: THE SCIENCE OF SELF-EMPOWERMENT
- Learn the truth about what Tantra is and what it isn’t.
- Discover how to use its powerful and precise methods to strengthen, heal and empower all aspects of your life and amplify the potency of your practice.
- We will extensively cover how to practice and teach key Tantric methods including ASANA, PRANAYAMA, BANDHA, MUDRA and KRIYA MEDITATION.
- Collectively, these powerful methods are a way of shaping body, energy and mind with the dual-goals of mastering your human life and accessing the deep states of MEDITATION that exist beyond it.
YOGA: THE CULTIVATION OF SELF-KNOWLEDGE
- Meditation is at the core of the entire practice of Yoga. Here you will learn not only the skills to practice and teach it, but how to LOVE it. This is the real key to meditative success and ultimately, success in Yoga.
- Using the Yoga Sutra of Patanjali as the context, learn time-tested methods for calming reactivity, cultivating single-pointedness of mind, increasing memory power, strengthening the connection to your inner teacher and ultimately accessing that part of yourself that rests eternally in stillness beyond the mind.
MANTRA: THE HEART OF THE TRADITION
- Learn how to apply Mantra within the scope of Asana practice, devotional practice (Bhakti) and most importantly, Mantra Japa Meditation practice.
- Discover the secret connection between Sanskrit and the subtle body and how to use it to access states of higher consciousness.
- Mantra is considered the supreme object of mediation from the perspective of Tantra, Yoga, Buddhism and many more traditions. There is an exact science to Mantra. It is MUCH more than just a tool to focus the mind. Learn how to practice it as the sages have done since time immemorial. Without Mantra, there is no Yoga.
VINYASA KRAMA: ADVANCED SEQUENCING
- Learn the science of sequencing; how to sequence powerful, integrated and safe classes for yourself and a wide array of students based on an intimate understanding of the energetic impact of Asana as well as the bio-mechanical component of Asana.
- Learn how to work with the six key pose categories of Hatha Yoga (Forward folds, Twists, Laterals, Backbends, Spinal Extensions and Inversions) to precisely impact the Prana Vayus, Doshas, Gunas, Nadis, the nervous system and ultimately the mind.
- Discover the relationship between Posture, Prana and Kundalini.
- Using posture clinics and pose breakdown sessions you will learn correct alignment and modifications, plus preparation and countering strategies for all major Asanas from the Hatha Yoga tradition.
- This module includes teaching strategies for specialized needs such as anxiety, depression, adrenal fatigue, low energy, or on the other end of the spectrum, the gift of pregnancy.
- Develop professional skills to give simple yet very effective verbal alignment cues, plus learn hands on and vocal adjustments techniques and vocal/language tools for maximizing your efficiency and potency as a teacher.
AYURVEDA: THE SCIENCE OF LIFE
- Study the key principles of Ayurveda within the context of both life and practice and learn how to take full responsibility for your own life based on the informed choices you make.
YANTRA YOGA: THE SCIENCE OF THE CHAKRAS
- Study the ancient map of the Chakras and learn how they relate to Sadhana (Practice) and Dharma (Spiritual purpose in life).
- Study the relationship between Yantra (Geometry) and Mantra (Vibration) within the context of contemplation and Meditation.
PHILOSOPHY: STUDYING SACRED TEXTS
- To truly understand any Yogic text, we need four things: The correct translation of the text, the key commentary of the text, an unbroken lineage that holds the secret teachings hidden within the text and finally, a committed daily self-practice. Here you will find all four.
- Throughout this course we will cover and practice the teachings from the Yoga Sutra, the Bhagavad Gita, the Upanishads and other key Tantric scriptures.
TANTRIC ANATOMY: MEETING GROUND OF THE HUMAN AND THE DIVINE
- Study the key areas of the physical body that act as gateways to higher spiritual experiences, including the navel, the spine, the heart and the brain. Study the body as a sacred alter and the perfect vehicle for reaching the heights of human potential.
ETHICS: HOLDING THE SEAT OF THE TEACHER
- Learn what it truly means to hold the position of the teacher.
- Learn the importance of self-accountability, unshakeable boundaries, humility and discipline as it relates to teaching and honoring this path.
- Challenge yourself to be the perfect student, because that is how you become the greatest teacher and the highest version of yourself.
MORE THAN JUST A YOGA TEACHER TRAINING COURSE – This is a practice and life mentorship program to help you step into your GREATNESS on every level.
IN THIS 200HR YTT YOU CAN EXPECT:
- Powerful lineage-based teachings and traditional practices not found elsewhere.
- A dedicated and highly qualified international yoga teaching team with a passion for the practice and years of professional full-time teaching experience.
- A formal application process to ensure you spend your 108 Days with like-minded yogis who share your commitment and enthusiasm.
- Individual check-in sessions with Octavio throughout your journey.
- Lifetime access to all course content.
ONLINE PROGRAM SCHEDULE:
All LECTURES will be run in real-time via ZOOM. Each session will be available for download approximately 4 hours after the class has finished. There is a requirement for all students to attend a minimum of 30% of the sessions LIVE.
For all sessions not attended live, a short summary review of the class is required in dot-point form (3-5 dot-points). These summaries are to be handed in no later than 2 weeks after the session is shared with the group and will contribute towards final CERTIFICATION.
All PRACTICES will be pre-recorded to ensure an undisrupted experience. Bali internet connection is sometimes ‘temperamental’, so after careful consideration we decided that this is the safest, most effective way to share the practices. Each practice will be broken down and discussed LIVE post-practice.
All times listed are in reference to BALI time.
Weekend Sessions: 13-15 hours per weekend (Approx)
The training will run every fortnight over 8 WEEKENDS plus a final weekend for the Closing Circle. Here are the dates:
WEEK 1: MAR 17 - 19
WEEK 2: MAR 31 – APR 2
WEEK 3: APR 14 - 16
WEEK 4: APR 28 - 30
WEEK 5: MAY 12 - 14
WEEK 6: MAY 26 - 28
WEEK 7: JUN 9 - 11
WEEK 8: JUN 23 - 25
CLOSING CIRCLE: JUL 2 Sunday 530pm – 8pm
PLEASE NOTE: Selected Wednesday nights there will also be a 2 Hour lecture (6pm – 8pm, Bali time). Dates to be confirmed.
Each weekend will include 13-15 hours of study and practice, including live and pre-recorded content. Session times listed in Bali time:
Friday: 5pm – 830pm
Saturday: 12pm – 3pm and 430pm – 830pm
Sunday: 12pm – 2pm for Pre-recorded practice
Sunday: 6pm - 830pm for Live lecture
It is fine if you cannot attend all sessions. We simply ask that you attend as many as possible and work hard to stay up to date with missed content.
There will also be practices and assignments to complete during the fortnight between sessions. During this time, we will stay connected and keep the conversations flowing on our private group MeWe page.
Based on the online YTTs we have run thus far, we know FOR SURE that this model of delivering the teachings works exceptionally well. The integration level of the content and quality of practitioner and teacher this model produces, is superior to anything we could have hoped and dreamed for.
ONLINE CONSIDERATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- We will use Kajabi as our main online training platform where you will receive access to all classes and lectures. This content will be yours indefinitely.
- We will use MeWe for our daily communications and posting. Instructions to sign up to MeWe will be provided.
- Students will be required to download Zoom and ensure (pre-training) that they are confident in using Zoom.
- The Practice Team will provide students with all relevant links and instructions for joining the Zoom sessions.
Certification requirements, requirements for course completion.
To qualify to be a fully registered, Practice certified teacher - which will get you employed anywhere in the world ;) – the following requirements must be fulfilled:
- Minimum ‘live’ attendance of 30% of sessions.
- Completion of dot-point class summaries for missed sessions.
- Satisfactory completion of Knowledge Assessment Exam based on course content. Provided in final weeks of training.
- Satisfactory submission of all minor and major teaching assessment videos. Final assessment involves a 60 Minute teaching video, including Asana, Pranayama and Meditation. (Minor assessment video details to be discussed throughout the training).
Students who complete all requirements will receive 200hr certification certificate from the IPC (International Practice Coalition) and will be eligible to register with Yoga Alliance at the 200hr RYT level (Registered Yoga Teacher), if they so desire.
It is our firm conviction that by completing this training in its entirety
(if you put in the hard work) you will have more knowledge, experience and
teaching capacity than 90% of the Yoga teachers worldwide – even the ‘famous’ ones.
IN THE END, YOUR OWN HARD EARNED EFFORTS
IN STUDY AND PRACTICE ARE THE ONLY ‘CREDENTIALS’ THAT MATTER.
THEY ALONE WILL BE THE CATALYST FOR YOUR SUCCESS
IN THE YOGA WORLD AND THE KEY THAT OPENS THE DOOR
TO SELF-EXCELLENCE IN ALL AREAS OF YOUR LIFE.